Monday, February 20, 2023

John Cleese Tweeted: I must apologise I had no idea that the idea ...

 
John Cleese's avatar
John Cleese
@JohnCleese
I must apologise

I had no idea that the idea of writing a new sitcom with my daughter would cause so much anger and distress

I truly meant no harm. Naively I thought it might be fun

But I feel terrible about having released this tide
of negative emotion

Please forgive me
Reply Retweet Like
Kenny Akers's avatar
Kenny Akers
@KeneAkers
Someone needs to see this; In 1797, a few years after signing the Constitution, founding fathers of this country and President John Adams as well as the entire US Senate unanimously signed the Treaty of Tripoli. ART.11 that states explicitly that the US is not IN ANY SENSE… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Kenny Akers's Photo
Reply Retweet Like
Mehdi Hasan's avatar
Mehdi Hasan
@mehdirhasan
Joe Rogan claimed the other day that there are no 'examples' that show Elon Musk is a rightwinger.

So, I couldn't resist responding. Here are several examples, in just sixty seconds, from me:
#minuterant #receipts
Mehdi Hasan's Video
Reply Retweet Like
Michael Beschloss's avatar
Michael Beschloss
@BeschlossDC
White House pool photograph of President Biden and Jake Sullivan (NSC) on train from Kyiv to Poland:
Michael Beschloss's Photo
Reply Retweet Like
Cory Doctorow (@pluralistic@mamot.fr)'s avatar
Cory Doctorow (@pluralistic@mamot.fr)
@doctorow
RT @kingdeedeekay: @doctorow @tnielsenhayden And here I was about to thank you for slaying the ancient reviled dragons of old. Ah well, I…
Reply Retweet Like
Joyce Carol Oates's avatar
Joyce Carol Oates
@JoyceCarolOates
true! mainstream media seizes upon highly atypical, microscopic samples of an issue that affects virtually no one, amplifies it maniacally, continues to focus upon it as if it were some sort of threat to the commonweal, & not an amplified paranoid-figment of media imagination. twitter.com/GuardianUS/sta…
Reply Retweet Like
Help  |  Privacy  |  Reset password  |  Download app
Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market Street, Suite 900 San Francisco, CA 94103

No comments:

Post a Comment