Thursday, March 2, 2023

c0nc0rdance Tweeted: Let's talk about radiotrophic fungi. I want to...

 
Cory Doctorow (@pluralistic@mamot.fr)'s avatar
c0nc0rdance's avatar
c0nc0rdance
@c0nc0rdance
Let's talk about radiotrophic fungi.

I want to start with the most surprising fact about them: they don't just SURVIVE in high radiation environments, they grow at *FOUR TIMES* the rate they would in background radiation.

Our best guess is they're "eating" radiation.
c0nc0rdance's Photo
Reply Retweet Like
Rachel Gilmore's avatar
Rachel Gilmore
@atRachelGilmore
Hi friends! ✨

I'm heartbroken to share I have been laid off from Global News.

I poured my heart and soul into the work I did alongside amazing colleagues, and I dealt with some horrifying backlash for it.

But I wouldn't change a thing.
Reply Retweet Like
President Biden's avatar
President Biden
@POTUS
I support D.C. Statehood and home-rule – but I don't support some of the changes D.C. Council put forward over the Mayor's objections – such as lowering penalties for carjackings.

If the Senate votes to overturn what D.C. Council did – I'll sign it.
Reply Retweet Like
Matt Bell's avatar
Matt Bell
@mdbell79
Five days of AWP in Seattle, five flannels in my closet. Easiest packing list ever.
Reply Retweet Like
Ed Krassenstein's avatar
Ed Krassenstein
@EdKrassen
BREAKING: Lauren Boebert is throwing a tantrum over the fact that Discover Card is going to track gun purchases made with their credit cards. This is a tremendous move that will allow police departments to more easiily track gun-related crimes.

All credit card companies already… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Reply Retweet Like
Cory Doctorow (@pluralistic@mamot.fr)'s avatar
Cory Doctorow (@pluralistic@mamot.fr)
@doctorow
RT @ccmxl: Replete with dark patterns to "Finish setting up your iPhone" when you haven't activated your Apple Wallet/card.
Reply Retweet Like
Help  |  Privacy  |  Reset password  |  Download app
Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market Street, Suite 900 San Francisco, CA 94103

No comments:

Post a Comment